Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!

2010 . . . is going to be great . . . I just know it! Jadon will be starting kindergarten in 2010 . . . which is crazy! I don't think I am quite ready for that. We also pray that this is the year we meet Holland baby #2. We look forward to seeing how that process will work out and we pray for the birth family daily. I would love it if we could have an open relationship with our birth family but I also know that not all birth families are comfortable with that.

We know that our profile is being shown . . . I think about how hard it must be for a birth mother to look through paper profiles and be able to decide . . . "this is the family". It really is beyond my comprehension the struggles, feelings, love, and commitment to her child that she has in order to make that decision and choice. It is hard to believe that we have already been on this journey for about a year (since sending in the first application). Things went so quick and easily with Jadon . . . . I know God has a great plan for our family . . . whether or not that includes baby #2. I trust him and what he has planned for us.

Here is a picture from New Years Eve (not so pretty lol). Stephen was on shift (because emergency workers are needed even on New Years as well) so Jadon and I rung the New Year in together at 11pm with New York. Jadon picked out the hat's, horns and little poppers. Of course he wanted the pink hat and told me I had to wear the diamond sparkly one. We toasted the New Year with sprite. Jadon LOVED clinking the glasses together and did so several times. Of course our carpets were covered with confetti after shooting off all the little poppers. It was an awesome night and a great way to start the New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment