Sunday, May 31, 2009

Angels among us!



It is hard to fathom what a woman goes through before she chooses adoption for the child she has been carrying for 9 months. The tears, sadness, and anxiety that must go along with that is incomprehensible to me. As hard as the infertility process has been to go through, I still think I am on the easy side of the equation. For a woman to be so strong to go through a surprise pregnancy, that she is not prepared for . . . . and CHOOSE LIFE, only to give another desiring woman the family she has dreamed of is an angel (in my opinion).

Adoption has been such a pure blessing for us. It is surreal and humbling to know that there is a woman out there that chose us (still crazy to me) to forever be the parents to our dear Jadon. I think about this often as I think about the fact that there is another woman out there that will at some point see our letter and think we are the perfect family for her child. I pray for that woman and her family often and my heart breaks for her when I think of what she will go through.

Our church service today (First Baptist Garland) was wonderful . . . I shall share a few passages that hit home with me.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

I have said before . . . we knew we wanted a family . . . we planned our course . . . it definitely did not happen the way that we thought it would but we would have it no other way! God took our desires and put them in the steps HE desired and knew would be the best for us. It is comforting to know that we have a Father that knows what is best for us (even if at times we disagree). He ALWAYS has control and loves us unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment